Welcome to the future home of the
Community Mental Health Equity Project (CMHEP) website
Make your voice heard! Help define the future of culturally responsive behavioral health care in California
The Community Mental Health Equity Project (CMHEP) TA Center is supporting the California Department of Health Care Services (DHCS) in updating Cultural Competence Plan guidance for county behavioral health agencies.
Help inform future recommendations by joining us for upcoming virtual Listening Session events, hosted on Zoom, with two specific stakeholder groups:
- consumers of behavioral health services and their family members
- county Cultural Competence Committee members
In these sessions, participants will be assigned to breakout rooms based on which group they belong to (i.e., consumer/family members or Cultural Competence Committee members). Different questions will be asked of the two participant groups, as described below. For those consumers/family members who are on Cultural Competence Committees, you may choose whichever session you prefer.
A Bit About the Project
California’s diversity is one of its greatest strengths. But health disparities and inequities mean that many of us do not receive the same level of care—or have the same health outcomes—as other Californians.
The Community Mental Health Equity Project (CMHEP) was created to reduce these disparities and expand Californians’ access to culturally and linguistically responsive behavioral health services.
Through CMHEP.org, county behavioral health departments and community-based organizations will be able to access no-cost training opportunities, technical assistance, and resources related to:
- Fostering partnerships between counties and community organizations
- Growing the number of ethnic and community-based Medi-Cal providers
- Expanding community-defined effective and cultural healing practices
- Creating trauma-informed services and systems change
- Practicing cultural humility in policy and practice
- Enhancing counties’ use of data to evaluate community needs and outcomes
- Integrating the National CLAS Standards and Cultural Competence Plan Requirements
- Supporting counties through Cultural Competence Plan tools and training
- Building a more diverse workforce
- Countering the effects of structural racism
- And much more
Ready to request technical assistance from the CMHEP Team? Great!
Sign up for the CMHEP contact list to receive news about no-cost events and resources